Because we are in the business of dealing with content, multimedia, and internet web hosting, it's felt that it be important to inform all who visit us, or those who do business with us, that we are acutely aware of what copyright infringement is. This page is provided for those of you who may not be aware of your rights when it comes to copyright related issues and the internet. Below, the DMCA process is spelled out and as it relates to us, contacts are provided should you discover someone on our servers practicing copyright infringement.
1. Digital Millennium Copyright Act
It is illegal and contrary to the AUP of ReddWebDev for anyone to use services provided by ReddWebDev to facilitate copyright infringement. ReddWebDev will respond to properly documented notices from copyright holders which allege that the ReddWebDev (hosting) services are being used to facilitate copyright infringement. Notices of alleged copyright infringement which are provided to ReddWebDev are governed by the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
In response to receiving a properly documented Notice of Infringement, ReddWebDev may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be infringed upon. If ReddWebDev removes or disables access to material in response to a valid Notice of Infringement, it will attempt to contact the party affected by the notice so that it may respond to the notice if it believes the claim of infringement is not valid.
2. DMCA Notice of Infringement
To file a Notice of Infringement with ReddWebDev, you must send ReddWebDev, by mail (not by email) a written Notice of Infringement in the form described below. Upon receipt of a valid Notice of Infringement, ReddWebDev will remove or disable access to the material allegedly infringed upon and attempt to notify the party which has committed the alleged copyright infringement that ReddWebDev has received the Notice of Infringement and has removed or terminated access to the allegedly infringing material. A party which provides ReddWebDev with a Notice of Infringement which does not state a valid claim of copyright infringement may be liable for costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by a party affected by the notice.
The Notice of Infringement should be delivered to ReddWebDev by mail as set forth below and provide the following information:
1. A description of the copyrighted material claimed to have been infringed upon, with sufficient detail for ReddWebDev to locate the material, including, if applicable, a URL or other citation to a source where the material can be found.
2. A description of the material claimed to infringe upon the copyrighted material described in No. 1, above.
3. An address, telephone number, or email address (preferred) at which ReddWebDev can contact you in response to the Notice of Infringement.
4. If available to you, an address, telephone number, or email address (preferred) at which ReddWebDev can contact the allegedly infringing party regarding the Notice of Infringement.
5. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
6. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
7. Sign the Notice of Infringement and state the nature of the relationship the person signing the Notice has to the party submitting the Notice of Infringement.
8. Contact Us through our Contact Form and we will send you the mailing address.
We can only accept a hard copy of a DMCA Complaint
3. DMCA Counter Notification
A party affected by a Notice of Infringement may make a Counter Notification pursuant to the DMCA. If ReddWebDev receives a valid Counter Notification, it may reinstate access to the allegedly infringing material.
To file a Counter Notification with ReddWebDev, you must send ReddWebDev, by mail (not by email) a written Counter Notification in the form described below. Upon The receipt of a valid Counter Notification, ReddWebDev will, unless the party providing the original Notice of Infringement commences a copyright infringement lawsuit as described in the DMCA within fourteen (14) days of its receipt of the Counter Notification from ReddWebDev, restore access to the material allegedly infringed. A party providing a Counter Notification which does not state a valid copyright claim to the allegedly infringing material may be liable for costs and attorneys’ fees incurred by a party affected by the notice.
The Counter Notification should be delivered to ReddWebDev by mail as set forth below and provide the following information:
1. A description of the specific URL or other unique identifying information of the material to which ReddWebDev has removed or disabled access.
2. State your name, address, telephone number, email address, and that you consent to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located, that you will accept service of process from the person (or an agent of such person) who provided the Notice of Infringement to which your Counter Notification responds.
3. Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that access to the material described in Item No. 1 above was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material, or that access to this material has been removed or disabled at the URL identified in item No. 1 above."
4. Sign the Counter Notification and state the nature of the relationship the person signing the Notice has to the party submitting the Counter Notification.
5. Contact Us through our Contact Form and we will send you the mailing address.
We can only accept a hard copy of a DMCA Complaint